Beezy Beez Kitchen Presents:
Honey Summer Cauliflower Salad
Would you believe it - our chefs have done it again! Beezy Beez Honey Summer Cauliflower Salad; mmm...mmm....goood :-)
This salad delivers layer upon layer of varying flavor and texture, which makes it a main course-worthy salad that won’t bore you. The smoky, caramelized cauliflower and crunchy chickpeas play off of the bright, crisp apple and fresh herb salad, which are then both tied together with briny, salty feta cheese crumbles.
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels
Juice of 1/2 of a small lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
1 small Gala apple, cored and cut into matchsticks
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
1 small shallot, minced
1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Beezy Beez honey
2 teaspoons ras el hanout
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
Freshly ground black pepper
Finely grated zest of 1/2 small lemon
1. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the cauliflower and chickpeas on the baking sheet. Drizzle with tablespoons of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Spread into a single layer. Roast, stirring halfway through, until crisp and golden, about 30 minutes total.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the oil, a pinch of salt, and a few grinds of pepper together in a medium bowl. Add the apple, parsley, and mint and toss gently to combine; set aside.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a small skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the shallot and sauté until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and Aleppo pepper and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Remove from heat and whisk in the honey, red wine vinegar, ras el hanout, and a big pinch of salt. Transfer to a large bowl.
5. Add the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas to the ras el hanout vinaigrette and toss to combine. Transfer the mixture to one large platter or individual plates. Top with the apple and herb salad. Crumble the feta cheese over the salad, sprinkle with the lemon zest, and serve.