1. Preheat a pancake griddle to 320°F and set aside or use a large nonstick pan.
2. Whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
3. In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whisk eggs until smooth. Add water and milk and whisk well. Add vanilla and 5 tablespoons melted butter.
4. Add flour mixture and whisk until combined. Toss/stir in blueberries.
5. The first few minutes batter will look slightly wet; however, cornmeal will absorb moisture and consequently after about 5-8 minutes, batter will be perfect.
6. Heat a nonstick pan or use preheated pancake griddle. If desired, melt a tablespoon of butter in the pan.
7. Before dropping lots of batter, test with a small amount first to test right heat setting.
8. Using a ladle drop 1/2 cup amounts a few inches apart.
9. When edges of pancakes are starting to set and bottoms are golden flip upside down and cook until done. About 3 minutes total.
10. Serve with syrup and powdered confectioner’s sugar if desired.